What policy payment plans do you have?
You may choose from Annual, Semi-Annual (every 6 months), or Quarterly (Every 3 months).  We offer a Monthly billing option, but an email address is required. Please contact your agent or our office if you need to update your policy’s billing mode.

What are your office hours?
Our office hours are M-F 9 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.

How do I make changes to my policy?
Contact your agent and speak with them directly.  Most changes may be made at any time during the policy period.

What is Service Line Coverage?
This endorsement provides up to $10,000 for underground piping and wiring that services the dwelling. A $500 deductible applies. See this link for more information.

What do I do after a loss?

      • Protect your property from further damage. Make necessary and reasonable repairs to protect your property.
      • Contact your agent immediately and report the claim. Your agent will not make a determination of coverage, but will send the claim immediately to our office. An adjuster will contact you, after checking your policy coverage.
      • Make a list of all damaged or destroyed property, showing in detail quantities, costs, actual cash value and amount of loss.
      • If possible, take photos of damaged property.
      • In case of theft, vandalism or malicious mischief, also notify the police.
      • In the case of livestock death also permit a licensed veterinarian to perform a postmortem examination within 48 hours of death.
      • If a claim happens after hours, call 1-866-690-8329
      • If you have receipts or invoices to turn in for recoverable depreciation, you may email them to claims@westsidemutual.com
      • You may submit a new claim online. CLICK HERE

What is the benefit of having a Grinnell Mutual auto policy?
We offer multi-policy discount for home and liability when customers have Grinnell Mutual auto.  Grinnell Mutual also offers “one deductible” for personal auto claims if the same storm damages your car and home.  

Contact your agent and speak with them directly.  Most changes may be made at any time during the policy period.

What is West Side Mutual’s writing territory?
Today the company writes Homeowners and Farm-owners insurance in these Iowa counties: Benton, Blackhawk, Bremer, Buchanan, Cedar, Clayton, Delaware, Dubuque, Fayette, Iowa, Johnson, Jones, Linn, Louisa, Muscatine, Poweshiek, Tama, and Washington Counties. Contact one of the Agencies listed on this site and see if you qualify for a West Side Mutual Insurance Association policy.

What Policy Types are available? 
Home-Guard® Flexible homeowner’s insurance.  Covers property and personal liability with additional coverage options.
Renter’s Insurance Personal property and liability coverage for tenants.
Farm-Mate® Coverage to protect your home and household personal property, as well as your farm buildings and farm personal property.
Other Policy Types Available: Condo Unit Owners, Rented Dwellings, Mobile Home